Airline Motors Restaurant LaPlace
Airline Motors Restaurant was built in 1937 and opened in 1939. It was built mainly from building material from Jefferson College gymnasium. Cypress beam supports in the kitchen and beams in the attic.
Opened as Airline Chevrolet Co. in 1937 selling Chevrolet automobiles, provided service station services, and wrecker services and repair shop. Airline Chevrolet Co. was a partnership of H.C. Cotham(operator) and A.L. Woods.
During the depression, sales practices by major auto companies, such as forcing unwanted models, forced on dealers caused the franchise to be given up.
The cafe was added in lieu of the auto dealership in 1939. Services included cafe, slot machines, service station, wrecker services and garage services as partnership H.C. Cotham and A.L. Woods. Mrs. Cotham was in charge of the cafe.